You are here
This toolkit introduces the importance of protecting the skin and back from simple, everyday risks. Through a series of tasks and activities, the toolkits aim to help children recognise risk to physical health and safety from avoidable behaviour, to predict similar risks in new situations and to explain how to avoid such risks.
- Show a picture or photograph of a skeleton
- Discuss with the children if they (or their parents) have ever experienced backproblems
- Discussion about our bodies and how vulnerable they can be to damage through sitting, lifting, standing incor- rectly. Think about ways we can protect our backs from getting damaged by avoiding these risks. On the body shape template place the warnings about risks to the back and advice on how to keep healthy.
EXTENSION WORK-Napo’s Hazard Holiday
- Picking up a heavy suitcase
- Playing too long on a computer game
- Gold: I can explain at least three types of risk to my back and how to prevent it.
- Silver: I can explain two types of risk to my back and how to prevent it.
- Bronze: I can explain one type of risk to my back and how to prevent it.